17 August, 2008

Summertime






It's so hard to believe summer is nearing an end and yet our family has so much ahead of us the next couple of weeks.

Our first family trip to Disney is less than 2 weeks away and once we return Lindsey will be starting preschool again. Lindsey loves school and I hope that never changes!

We just wrapped up Spanish class for the summer (so I thought I would include a pic from Ashley's class). Ashley said her first Spanish words recently "Adios" and "Gracias". Lindsey and Ashley have their own version of a two person comedy routine that they perform at home for us. Ashley says "Gracias" and Lindsey says "De nada" and they laugh and laugh for a good half hour. Lindsey expressed an interest in gymnastics and swimming so we decided to take a break from Spanish for a little bit to give gymnastics a try.

Adrian and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary! Life with an almost 2 and 4 year old can seem a little hectic at times, but we never forget how much we've been blessed with.

Ashley will also be celebrating her 2nd birthday just before we head to Disney. Her birthday is always bittersweet for me. I lost my Mom to ovarian cancer just two short weeks after Ashley was born. She was the most amazing Grandmother in the world. Every day when I think of her she inspires me to be the best Mom that I can be. I just wish she could be here to see Ashley turn 2 because she loved my children more than anything in the world.

I'll post lots of pictures in the weeks to come from our vacation and Ashley's 2nd Birthday.

No comments: